Watch our seminar videos to help you understand relay testing.
Get instant access to:
How To Test Protective Relays Online Seminar
You’ll learn the basic skills you need to test any digital relay with any modern test-set, how to perform each testing step, and why each step is important.
I’ll show you how to make smarter test plans that are quicker and more effective than traditional methods (including tips and tricks you won’t find in any manual or YouTube video).
Once registered, you’ll get unlimited access to:
- 16+ hours of high-quality video instruction, broken down into logical chunks
- A straightforward flow-chart you can follow to test any digital relay
- A comments section to ask Chris questions and interact with other relay testing students
- Continual additions of new relays and test-sets (just ask and we’ll most likely add it)
The material we cover includes:
- Lesson 1: Obtain and Review the Relay Settings, Drawings, and Application
- Lesson 2: Create a Checklist of All Elements, Outputs, and Signals to be Tested
- Lesson 3: Isolate the Relay From the System
- Lesson 4: Connect the Test Set to the Relay
- Lesson 5: Upload the Relay Settings
- Lesson 6: Perform an Acceptance Test
- Lesson 7: How to Test Protective Relay Elements
- Lesson 8: Perform a Commissioning Test
- Lesson 9: Perform Maintenance Tests
- Lesson 10: Post Testing Tasks
All of our Seminars include:
- High-quality video presentations describing different testing methods
- Step-by-step instructions using a variety of relays and test-sets
- Ask your questions and get your answers
- 24/7 unlimited access to meet your schedule
You can follow along with your test-set and any overcurrent relay, or you can rent one of our relays
This course is eligible for 16 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTDs every three years to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at [email protected] or 888-300-6382.
Do you want to enroll more than one person in our online training courses? No problem! Click the “Enable Group registration” checkbox at the bottom of any course, then choose how many people you want to register before you click “Add to Cart”. All bulk and coupon prices will still apply. You control who gets enrolled in the course via the “Group Registration” page. Enroll one at a time, or upload your entire team via a simple csv file. We’ll automatically create everything they need to start the course and send them an email with their username, password, and course links.