- Have you ever wondered how generators create electricity in a three-phase power system?
- If your test set reports time delays in seconds, but the relay is supposed to operate in 6 cycles, how would you figure out if the test passed?
- Have you ever noticed that your SEL relay frequency tests are always a little off? And the further the test frequency gets from 60 Hz, the worse it gets?
- Can you tell the difference between an ABC or ACB in a three-phase power system by looking at the waveforms?
We have your answers in this online training course.
Relay testers are often thrown to the wolves and expected to just “figure it out.” Unfortunately, this often means that you figure out what you need to do to get that pass on your test sheet, not realizing why your tweak to the test plan worked. This usually works for a while until it doesn’t, and you’re back to square one. It would be an easy fix if you would have received the proper training from day one.
We will cover the following topics in this lesson to give you a foundation in three-phase electrical theory to help you become a relay testing craftsman that will help you quickly and easily troubleshoot some basic problems with test-plans that leave others frustrated:
Introduction to Electrical Fundamentals and Frequency
- How electricity is created
- What is a cycle
- How to count cycles
- Understand how frequency and cycles are related
- Converting cycles to seconds
- Converting seconds to cycles
- Converting cycles to cycles
Three-Phase Electric Power Systems
- How three-phase electric power systems are created
- How to determine what kind of three-phase electric power system is being generated
- How to change one kind of three-phase electric power into another
You might see this list and think that you already have a firm grasp on these topics. Test your knowledge with this quick quiz:
You should sign-up today if you can’t answer all of the questions correctly,
You get immediate access to the course if you pay with a credit card. All of our online courses include:
- High-quality video presentations introducing you to theory behind the topic to help you understand how it works
- Real-world examples that show you how to apply the theory
- Interactive exercises and quizzes that simulate the most realistic situations possible to help you learn by doing
- A comment section where you can ask your questions and get your answers from instructors or fellow students
The The Three-Phase Power System online training course is eligible for 4 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTDs every three years to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at [email protected] or 888-300-6382.
Do you want to enroll more than one person in our online training courses? No problem! Click the “Enable Group Registration” checkbox at the bottom of any course, then choose how many people you want to register before you click “Add to Cart”. All bulk and coupon prices will still apply. You control who gets enrolled in the course via the “Group Registration” page. Enroll one at a time, or upload your entire team via a simple csv file. We’ll automatically create everything they need to start the course and send them an email with their username, password, and course links.