All the online theory and practical information we offer at once.
Get instant access to everything:
Course 1-1: The Three-Phase Electric Power System (4 NETA CTDs)
In this course, you’ll get an introduction to electrical fundamentals and three-phase electrical power systems, including:
- How electricity is created
- How to count cycles and how frequency and cycles are related
- How to convert from cycles to seconds and back again
- What three-phase electrical systems are, and how to change from one to another
Course 1-2: Phasor Drawings for Relay Testers (4 NETA CTDs)
This course introduces you to phasors in 7 detailed video lessons and quizzes, which cover:
- What phasors are and how to draw them
- How to convert a waveform drawing into a phasor diagram
- How to use all of the different angle systems used by both relay and test-set manufacturers, including Megger, Omicron, Manta, GE UR, SEL, and more…
Seminar 1: How to Test Protective Relays (16 NETA CTDs)
You’ll learn the basic skills you need to test any digital relay with any modern test-set, how to perform each testing step, and why each step is important.
I’ll show you how to make smarter test plans that are quicker and more effective than traditional methods (including tips and tricks you won’t find in any manual or YouTube video).
Once registered, you’ll get unlimited access to:
- 16+ hours of high-quality video instruction, broken down into logical chunks
- A straightforward flow-chart you can follow to test any digital relay
- A comments section to ask Chris questions and interact with other relay testing students
- Continual additions of new relays and test-sets (just ask and we’ll most likely add it)
The material we cover includes:
- Lesson 1: Obtain and Review the Relay Settings, Drawings, and Application
- Lesson 2: Create a Checklist of All Elements, Outputs, and Signals to be Tested
- Lesson 3: Isolate the Relay From the System
- Lesson 4: Connect the Test Set to the Relay
- Lesson 5: Upload the Relay Settings
- Lesson 6: Perform an Acceptance Test
- Lesson 7: How to Test Protective Relay Elements
- Lesson 8: Perform a Commissioning Test
- Lesson 9: Perform Maintenance Tests
- Lesson 10: Post Testing Tasks
Remember, you can always:
- Replay the videos as many times as you want
- Access the training when you need it, 24/7
- Learn at your own pace
- Ask questions and get answers
These courses are eligible for a total of 24 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs). NETA Certified Technicians (Level III and Level IV) are required to earn a minimum of 48 CTDs every three years to maintain their certification. For more information about the CTD program and requirements, please contact the NETA office at [email protected] or 888-300-6382.
Do you want to enroll more than one person in our online training courses? No problem! Click the “Enable Group registration” checkbox at the bottom of any course, then choose how many people you want to register before you click “Add to Cart”. All bulk and coupon prices will still apply. You control who gets enrolled in the course via the “Group Registration” page. Enroll one at a time, or upload your entire team via a simple csv file. We’ll automatically create everything they need to start the course and send them an email with their username, password, and course links.